Old October 14th 04, 03:00 AM
tech27

"fbloogyudsr" > wrote in message
> "Brent Wege" > wrote
>> Both of these cars are about 33k new with the sports package. I
>> really like the quality and looks of the bimmer but am feeling some
>> "buyers remorse" when considering purchasing it. The G35 is 280
>> horse with 270 lb of torque for the same price as the 325i which is
>> only 184 horse with 175lb of torque. Both cars handle very well.
>>
>> The G35 is loaded up much more with features. What am I missing on
>> the bimmer... why would I pay more for less?
>>
>> Has anyone test driven these 2 cars? I'd appreciate some opinions.

I test drove both. The Bimmer is a far better handling car. I doubt that the
test drive you took would have given you much indication of the handling
capabilities under normal street driving conditions. I also have owned BMW's
since 1987. They have all held up extremely well. The G35 is an unproven
entity at this point. I'm not saying that it won't hold up well, but we just
don't know the long term prognosis.
If you REALLY want a very very nice car, check out a 330.
As far as bells and whistles, go, you have to figure that things that come
cheap probably are. They clearly market the G35 on horsepower, then on "all
you get" for the reasonable price.
One thing that I really hated was that it was almost impossible to adjust
the seat with the door closed. Hardly any room between the closed door and
the controls.
My 2 cents.