Old January 3rd 05, 11:47 PM
gpsman

223rem wrote:
> I was doing 80 on the Indiana toll road (speed limit 65 mph)
> when I noticed a cop car ahead and slowed down to its speed of
> about 70 mph.
>
> Well, I soon noticed that the cop car had IL plates. Thinking
> that he cant pull me over, I passed the cop car (on the left)
> and was soon back to 80 mph. Was I right, or just lucky?

-----

I suspect he *could* pull you over... if he felt like it. He flips his
lights on and pulls in behind you... whadaya gonna do, ignore him?

My best guess is most out-of-state cops are on some type administrative
assignment and, if you were weaving or otherwise appeared dangerous he
could pull you over and "911" a local LEO with authority to the scene,
sign a complaint and be on his way in 30 minutes.
-----

- gpsman