View Single Post
Old September 27th 04, 10:41 PM
Yukon
external usenet poster

"Lon" > wrote in message news:zkJ5d.57324$wV.46795@attbi_s54...
> Yukon proclaimed:
>
> > I've had great luck with this jeep until this month. It is only used on the weekends, maybe 50-100 miles a week. First, it

started
> > to sputter a bit when it was warmed up and put in reverse only, but always came out of it and ran well. Then last week, after
> > sitting in the garage all week as it usually does, I get in it and try to start it, but all it does is turn over and nothing

else,
> > like it is not getting gas. After trying for half an hour, I have it towed to the dealer. Next day they call and say it started
> > right up. They hooked it up to computers, say everything is fine. They check everything and recommend plugs, fuel filter, and

clean
> > injectors. Worked good last weekend, started right up this morning, go to the grocery store, come out, starts right up, put it

in
> > reverse, it dies. Try to start it 5 more times, and it just sputters. Let it sit a few minutes. It fires right up, and has been

fine
> > all day. Kinda hard to trust it. Any ideas?
> >
> >

> If you can turn the key on, let it set for a few seconds and then it
> starts, most likely would be the check valve for the fuel pump.
> Would also think any mechanic familiar with the Jeep would pull and
> clean or simply replace the crankshaft position sensor. And check the
> fuel pump volume. And look for bad grounds.

Thanx Lon, I'll ask him to check what you said. I talked to him today, and he said try dry gas first, and see how it goes.

Ads