Old January 28th 05, 12:42 AM
Steve W.

BTDT,
Wifes 94 had a plug blow apart in it, the only thing left was the
threaded portion of the plug. It was stuck real good.
Came out real easy.

First step - Stick a small rag or towel into the hole and clean up all
the oil/penetrant and any other dirt.
Second - Used a very small torch tip to heat the insert almost red hot.
(I picked up a small oxy/MAPP kit since it was smaller than my big
torch).
Third - Use an easy out and screw it in as far as possible. The insert
may come out while it is hot BUT I waited till it cooled.

Clean up the tools and put a new set of Delco plugs in. Drive away
happy.

--
Steve Williams

"jbarts" > wrote in message

> >I think you mean the plug broke in half where the threads are left in
> >the block along with the bottom part?

> YES! That's it.
>
> >This is time for REAL penetrating oil, NOT WD40, which is not a REAL
> >penetrating oil.

> I'm going to get some this morning.
>
> >Use _real_ penetrating oil. Everybody owns at least some. Then let
> >it soak, go out and give it a tap every now and then with a hammer

and