Old July 9th 05, 02:34 AM
C.H.

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 21:52:24 +0000, 223rem wrote:

> CH wrote:
>

>> Considering the total engineering disaster that is the Nissan 350Z
>> (google for alignment- and tire problems...) I am glad I don't own a
>> Nissan.
>>

> Are you the same guy who thought that the Camaro was a great car?

I never said 'great car', but good car, which it is.

That I supposedly claimed it is 'great' was injected into the thread by a
few haters so often that a few gullible other people started believing it.

> So Nissans suck, but the POS boy racers GM puts out are great?

I would say a car that eats expensive performance tires at the rate the
350Z does, does indeed suck.

And concerning the boy racers, around here most Camaro and Trans Am
drivers are in their thirties and forties and usually drive rather
responsibly, whereas the 350Z seems to be en vogue among the 'graduated
ricers' who want to rice out a nicer car than the fartpipe and parkbench
equipped POS Civics and Integras they had before.

If you love or hate a car because of its image you are not a very smart
person.

I know the limitations of the Camaro very well, much better than you guys,
because I actually own one instead of just repeating, what other people
say about them (who of course don't own one either).I also know the
virtues of the car better than you guys do, for the same reasons. I can
live with the limitations and happen to like some of the virtues of the
car very much, which is why the car is right for me.

And unless you are completely stupid you select cars according to the very
same principles I use. Of course your likes and dislikes are different, so
you will likely arrive at a different conclusion. Maybe the 350Z is
actually for you (i.e. you don't mind buying performance tires with every
oil change or you just slap on some cheapo '100000 mile warranty' hardwood
tires). If so, more power to you.

But ragging on a car just because of its image and ragging on a car owner
just because you have different priorities than he has is flat-out stupid.

Chris