Old September 17th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Default 96 Miata - replacing timing belt

Brian, your buddy's wrong on 2 counts. As others have indicated, the miata
engine will not do itself damage (unlike most Hondas for example) and he's
got his terms wrong. It's interference vs non-interference engines (on
interference engines tolerances are in the negative I guess you'd have to
say, not zero ;-)

Chris
99BBB