Old March 3rd 06, 11:47 PM posted to alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving

Default Dead Man in Car Gets 3 Parking Tickets

wrote:

> >> Hudson had been reported missing February Sixth, and his body was
> >> discovered
> >> in the back seat three days later when someone walked by and noticed a
> >> foot
> >> against the passenger-side, backseat window

> > OK, this guy is known by local law enforcement to be missing for three

weeks
> > and his CAR is found by local law enforcement, and the missing man's car

is
> > not immediately impounded??? WHAT? -Dave

> 3 Days, but that doesn't change matters any. The guy was missing, the
> police ticket his vehicle _in person_, he's in plain view, and cannot be
> found. You would think one of the three cops that ticketed the vehicle
> would have noticed him, and if it's the same cop all three times at least
> look around a bit, especially the one that put the toe sticker on it. If
> this guy had been stopped for 'speeding' the interior would probably get
> the once over for drugs....

First, I wouldn't be so sure it was the police that ticketed the vehicle.
Many cities have a separate parking enforcement department, and they do the
ticketing.

A parking enforcement person wouldn't necessarily think to run the plate.
Now you would think a passing police cruiser would figure out this vehicle
matches the description of one in a missing person's report, but a Benz ML
is a pretty common vehicle in some places (it could have been a G wagon, but
that's must less likely).

Finally, where do you get he was in plain view? He was found in the back
seat, chances are the windows were tinted, it took three days for a passerby
to notice. And even then all they could see was a foot. That suggests some
limo tint on the rear windows, again not unusual especially for a Benz SUV.

Bo Raxo