Old July 14th 05, 07:30 PM
Tracey

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi Groups,
>
> I need a windshield replaced on my 1999 Subaru.
>
> Does anyone have experience with "Auto Glass USA Inc." in the DC area?
>
> I live in Virginia inside the Wash. DC Beltway and I often get a coupon
> in the "money mailer" package from them offering $150 off the
> deductible. They advertise a mobile service: they come to your location
> to do the work. Sounds a little suspect but apparently is a standard
> procedure.

Mobile service for windshield replacement seems to be pretty standard. I
had the windshield replaced on my 2002 Windstar Mini Van last month
(something hit me on the highway causing a horizontal crack about 48" long).
I used a company reccomended by a family member. I called on a Monday
morning, they came on Tuesday morning to my house and handled the
replacement within about 45 minutes. I had to wait 2 hours before I drove
the van. I've had no problems whatsoever. I know that it cost about $300
for the replacement, but I didn't have to pay anything since here in CT
glass replacement is automatically covered with no deductible (though I
don't know if it will affect my rate at renewal).