Old July 23rd 05, 12:44 PM
Tony Rickard

> Are they any more reliable? Do they
> still drink oil?

What is your issue with them using oil? Both mine and my wife Alfas have
stickers in the window reminding owners of the racing heritage of the
engine and the fact they will use oil. My V6 156 would not have made it
to the first service for sure (major top up after 1000 miles) though it
has settled since then.

Compared with cost of a tank of fuel oil is not that expensive. There
seems to be a view that only knackered old engines burn oil so there
must be something wrong with them. Many seem to view cars as utility
items that require no user involvement between extending service
intervals. Alfas require a bit more attention from their owners which is
part of the appeal for some and a fault for others.

Cheers
Tony