Old June 6th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Cool corvette ad that didn't last long

> This reminds me of Canada, 1976.
> Driver # 1 -Me. Car-My Mum's Mini 1000
> Driver # 2-Jay(golf team captain, football jock, all around super dude)Johnson. Car-Corvette (can't remember specs)
> A race around the block from a standing start.
> No contest. I ****ed all over him.
> Never did make the golf team

That's changed now, the new Z06 corners very well. A co-worker
runs with the speedventures groups, and had the 3rd fastest lap
time of the day in the 1:30's with a modified Suburu WRX STI,
the Corvette Z06 was stock except for the Hoosier slicks, and
was running 1:26's. To match that kind of time, a Honda NSX
needs to be heavily modified, with a supercharger, aerodynamic,
suspension mods, and slicks.

The Z06 makes about 515hp or so, 440rwhp to 450rwhp, and 460rwhp
if re-tuned. It weighs about 3150lbs, making it lighter than the
Subaru WRX STI.