Old September 12th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mark[_4_]

Default Loose front rotor (on '97 Miata)

Ok, having looked at the wheels and rotors enough now I see that the
rotor being loose on the right is perfectly ok. And having taking it
apart and put it all back together a few times, I'm happy that all is
as it should be.

My first attempt at doing so and then driving resulted in a jangling
noise every time I hit a bump on the right front wheel. Taking the
wheel off (again) I discovered I hadn't put the wheel nut dust cover on
properly and it had popped off. Now I'm not hearing any noises to be
worried about (well, ok, my lifters ticking are a different story and
for another post).

Thanks for helping me to see how the rotors and wheels are supposed to
be help together.