Old September 13th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Loose front rotor (on '97 Miata)

Mark wrote:
> Ok, having looked at the wheels and rotors enough now I see that the
> rotor being loose on the right is perfectly ok. And having taking it
> apart and put it all back together a few times, I'm happy that all is
> as it should be.
>
> My first attempt at doing so and then driving resulted in a jangling
> noise every time I hit a bump on the right front wheel. Taking the
> wheel off (again) I discovered I hadn't put the wheel nut dust cover on
> properly and it had popped off. Now I'm not hearing any noises to be
> worried about (well, ok, my lifters ticking are a different story and
> for another post).
>
> Thanks for helping me to see how the rotors and wheels are supposed to
> be help together.

No problem at all. We actually talk about miatas once in a while in
between discussions on boats and politics.

Glad you got it worked out. The lifter noise is not a big deal. When was
the last time you changed the oil and are you using a OEM Mazda oil filter?

Pat