Old January 26th 05, 03:45 PM
All2sober

Default 92 honda: stereo stolen, now battery dies overnight

I recently had my stereo stolen out of my 92 Honda Accord Ex. I drove
the car the next day but after that next night the battery was dead. I
have jumped the car and after driving a while the battery seems to
charge as I can turn the car off and then back on. However, after
leaving it over night the battery dies. I have repeated the same thing
several times. So, could it just be the battery(4 years old and live
in the mountains), alternator (doesn't seem like it as it recharges),
or a short due to the stereo's removal (although all i see are the main
wire plug and possibly the anteanna plug sitting in the dashboard where
the stereo used to be.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I don't want to pay a
mechanic if it could be something simple (ie: just a new battery )
thanks again