Old January 10th 04, 03:49 PM
Mike Borkhuis

> I love diesels.

As the owner of a 2001 Silverado 2500HD with a Duramax I can't argue
with that... =)

> In the US market.. what diesels are avail for purchase new in 2004.
>
> All I can find is a Ford Excursion which is nice vehicle, but a pinch
> large for my needs. Something Blazer/Explorer/4-runner size desired.
>
> Another new US diesel was that Dodge Sprinter: ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly!
> I think the designer is still in therapy w/ Dr. Melfi.

That's about it... Unless you got some seriois cash, then check out a
Hummer H1.
There was some talk in the 4x4 trade magizines about Jeep doing a test
market in the US with a 5cyl diesel powered vehicle (Liberty or Grand
Cheroke), but I do not know if it ever happened. They sell a lot of them
overseas and it might be possible to import one.....

> I once had a 6.2 D Chevy Blazer... it treated me well. I should have
> kept it.

Ah yes... I had a 84 GMC Jimmy with the 6.2. With a 4" lift, 33" tires
and stock gears I was getting 19MPG around town and 25on the hiway. I
junked it with 200,000 miles when the body dropped off the frame.
If you really like those, check out military surplus. The military ran
them up to the switch to the hummers. IIRC, it was a Blazer with 3/4 ton
running gear.

Mike