Old January 10th 04, 05:45 PM
Exit

fake name wrote:
> I love diesels.
>
> In the US market.. what diesels are avail for purchase new in 2004.
>
> All I can find is a Ford Excursion which is nice vehicle, but a pinch
> large for my needs. Something Blazer/Explorer/4-runner size desired.
>
> Another new US diesel was that Dodge Sprinter: ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly!
> I think the designer is still in therapy w/ Dr. Melfi.
>
> While aren't diesels available more in the US?
>
> I once had a 6.2 D Chevy Blazer... it treated me well. I should have
> kept it.

One of the problems I am told with selling diesel vehicles in the US is that
US diesel has a very high sulphur content and modern common rail diesel
engines don't like sulphur. I also think the gas stations will need some
work as from my experience they tend to have the diesel pumps separate from
the petrol ones which puts people off.

I have heard that Land Rover are considering offering their new diesel
engine in the US. It is a joint Ford/Peugeot design V6 2.7 litre putting out
200hp and over 300lb-ft of torque but still retaining 30+ mpg potential.

I believe you should be getting the V10 VW Touareg too which has 313hp and
553lb-ft at 2000rpm.

--
Julian
---------