Old March 20th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Check engine light

> A possible contributing factor is that back in October the car got
partially
> flooded

I had symptoms similar to yours after buying my 95 this winter - the dealer
had washed the engine and there was water in the spark plug wells. Pull your
plugs, dry it out, and then let the car sit a bit with a warm engine and the
plug wires pulled to allow any moisture to evaporate.

My check engine light came on with the problem, but I don't know what codes
were involved. What's more, after three months, it went back out by itself -
I didn't have to pull fuses, etc.