Old September 11th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default 1990 Miata with 1.6 with shimmy in possibly the driveshaft.

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in

> lanny's advice is always sound. the problem may just be the
> widely known wheel ballance issue. but it could be the bearings
> as it was in my can and which has similar symptons. you may find
> this an interesting read....
> http://www.miata.net/garage/65_mph.html

I should mention that a bubble balance with a knowledgeable tech will
do a MUCH better balance job than a spin balancer that is out of
calibration. My personal experience is that a LOT of spin balancers
are out of calibration, probably most of them.

The OP might take the tires back to the original shop, ask them to
rebalance the tires after calibrating the balancer. It's not hard to
do but most shop will never do it.