Old July 22nd 05, 03:56 PM

Don't know why you'd want AWD, but the E90 AWD sedans will be available
in October (according to the latest dealer bulletin).

Around here (New England) the E90 is selling slowly - dealers have lots
of stock, and are pressuring customers to buy. I'm sure deals are easy
to get - in the range of $1k to $2k off MSRP. I didn't push hard
myself, since I like the E46 so much more than the E90.

At least half of BMWs are custom ordered. Ordering is easy - pick what
you want, they build it, you can track it's progress on the Internet,
and your car arrives at the dealer 6 weeks or so later. There is no
extra charge - you pay the same thing. (In fact, if you pick up your
custom ordered car in Germany, you pay LESS). Unless you absolutely
need a car right now today, there is no downside to a custom order at
all. In fact there's are big advantages - you get exactly what you
want, and the dealer doesn't have a chance to add extra crap like
"paint protectant".

You might be able to custom order a E90 AWD starting in September -
that's when cars start being produced.