Old July 5th 05, 04:32 PM
Steve Mc

I cuurently have a 10-disk CD changer that plays through my existing stereo
( RF ?) mounted in the deck. I ran the control apparatus through the slight
space between the stereo at the dashboard opening. It works well most of the
time, but some MP3s crash the changer, and I have to go into the trunk and
reset it. That's getting to be a hassle. Also, I'm assuming it's certain
MP3s, depending on how they were encoded, because by re-encoding them, seems
to correct the problem, and that's only if I could identify which ones are
crashing the unit. That's also too big of a project , and I guess it could
also be the unit. Although it's convient to have thousands on songs
available, it's a bit of overkill, and I wouldn't mind dealing with the
1-disk player in the dash if I could find one that would fit.

--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

"Spike" > wrote in message
> I saw something at maplin.co.uk (no direct link am afraid) that allows you
> to plug an mp3 player into the ariel socket of an existing ICE head to

play
> mp3s.
>
> Not ideal quality but might be a solution.
>
> I am facing same problem, don't want to cut into my 68 dash, but unsure if
> want to be reaching over to glove box every time i want to change

something
> on stereo.
>
> Had something in an old mini once that was like a cage that would bolt

under
> the dash, four small holes better than cutting the radio space, added

bonus
> of not havin the ugly centre console and being able to see/reach stereo
> (would need a detachable face one for security purposes though)
>
> Spike
> www.soccer-stuff.net
>
> "Steve Mc" > wrote in message
> m...
> > I've wanted to install a cd/mp3 player in my Ghia, but all that I've

seen