Old January 17th 05, 06:08 PM
Steve Sears

Heat,
Although I'm not all that familiar with the TT's, I know that:
- make sure there's a complete set of maintenance records with it (verify
that synth oil has been used with regular changes, etc.)
- try to avoid modified vehicles
- when it comes to evaluating the difference between 180 and 225 hp
examples - the 225 engine has been built a bit more robustly with a forged
crankshaft, etc.
Ask for comments on the TT forum at www.audiworld.com - there'll be plenty
of folks there that can give you a first-hand comment.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - not a TT
1980 Audi 5k - also not a TT
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - Closer to an NSU TT than an
Audi TT
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)