Old August 19th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Default dumb question.

This is what I get for dropping my Jeep off at a Dodge dealership for
a quick/cheap oil change. Oh well, worst off I run for a while,
flush, and refill. Only $19 for a full oil flush isn't bad.

By the receipt it looks like they put 5 quarts of 5W30 in.
...er..
Should be 6 quarts of 10W30.

I gotta start paying more attention....

Oil looks nice and clean but 5W is more for < freezing expected
in the next interval. It's close to fall, but not that close to
winter. On the other hand the oil is only 10 cold with a viscosity
of 30 at operating temperature. i.e. more for easier starts in cold
weather.

I'll top off the oil with some 10W30 synthetic so that's not a biggie.

Still though, I've got a few more thousand miles of travel in 90+ weather.
From what I understand there really isn't an issue since the weight is still
30 and the engine operates at the same temperature anyway.

Thoughts?

--
DougW