Old August 19th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lee Ayrton[_1_]

Default dumb question.

It doesn't matter. You're still getting the protection of 30 weight oil
at normal summer temperatures, within the design life of the oil. For
more than you probably want to know about motor oil ratings, see:
<URL:http://www.advanceautoparts.com/english/youcan/html/ccr/ccr20040601ov.html>

And $19 is a good price. I last paid $30 at the local qwik lube.
But they put in enough to bring it up to the "full" mark on the
dipstick, too.

Here's one, though: The guy at the lube shop claimed that the red dye
in ATF fluid is designed to give up and turn brown about the same time
as the additives in the fluid give up. Anyone know if that's true?