Old September 1st 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Default I'm baaaaack....

XS11E wrote:
> .... after 3,800 miles, 137.311 gallons of gasoline at a cost of
> $443.81 and an average of 24.7 miles per gallon.
>
> We were gone 11 days and didn't drive 3 of those days, 8 days were
> spent getting to Missoula and then Kalispell in Montana, then Tonasket,
> Washington and then home. Long trip, sore butt, tired and soooooo
> happy I didn't have to get on an airplane!
>
> Obligatory Miata content: The Miata enjoyed resting in the carport
> while I was gone. No way could the Miata haul the luggage SWMBO needs
> for an overnight, let alone 11 days!
>
> PS, I think 24.7 mpg is not too bad for a 4,400 lb car with a fairly
> large V8 engine cruising at 80-85 mph. Nice to know the EPA rating is
> spot on...

I took two similar trips in my first miata, but was alone both times,
though she who I did not obey enough at that time followed me back in
her own miata on one trip.

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/gap3.jpg

I remember getting about 30 mpg and gas was something like $1.10 to
$1.30 a gallon, so the gas bill for both trips combined was lower than
your single trip now.

Speaking of gasoline, I was paying the other day and heard the clerk
tell a lady $347.00. I looked out and she had a large pickup truck
hooked to a large boat.
Yikes! I think that I will stick to paddling for a while....

Pat