Old March 11th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 87 Reliant, power loss and stalls. Got codes but dunno what.

"streblo" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> So Mike, this means that 34 and 33 will be set as default codes in my
> cruise-less and AC-less car? in other words, I'm getting no fault codes
> in spite of the evident failures.

Yes. I don't know why chrysler did it that way but if you don't have cruise
or A/C, those fault codes with be set.

Any ideas on where to loook first?

Don't know how many miles you have on that but a compression test might be
a good place to start. Then I would check the usual, plugs, wires, cap,
rotor. You didn't mention if you have a carb or fuel injection. If it's
carbureted it might be time for an overhaul or replacement. If it's fuel
injected check the idle speed motor. You might also want to hook up a scan
tool that can read sensor data while on a road test to see if you have a
sensor that is out of spec, but not out enough to set a code. A bad O2
sensor or MAP sensor may cause those symptoms.