Old March 3rd 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Oil consumption options

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> There's a gizmo you can buy or make that consists of a sparkplug shell
> and a connector for an air hose. You screw it into the plug hole of
> the cylinder you're working on and then connect the compressor, the air
> pressure will hold the valves tightly closed while you replace the
> seals.

Yep, those have been around forever. Then we'd use a large socket and a
hammer to release the valve spring keepers (wear eye protection for this
step). Most of the time, we could get by without having to pull the head
anyway.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis