Old July 24th 05, 01:01 PM
Dave Head

On 23 Jul 2005 18:27:41 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:
>
>> New Jersey has some driving laws that they (attempt to) enforce on private
>> property, too. Its one of the reasons they're known as this nation's ultimate
>> nanny state.

>If anyone here watches Mythbusters on Discovery, they'll recall the CHP
>showing up to breathalize the staff who were going to drive as close to
>drunk as legally possible without breaking the law to show how
>dangerous cell phones were.

We've had Virginia cops invade a bar somewhere up near DC and breathalyze the
patrons for public drunkedness, I think it was. The coast, both of 'em, are
the homes of extremist anti-civil-liberties goons that are best avoided by
living in the midwest. People on the coasts refer to the midwest in disdain by
referring to it as "flyover territory" but they don't have a clue about the
best places to live in this country.

>In addition, my friend Michelle in NY State could explain better than I
>could how she got a DUI in her own driveway for sleeping in the back of
>her car after having a fight with her roommates. (Basically, cop
>noticed someone in a car at 3 am, woke her up, noticed she was wasted,
>breathalized her, ticketed her, and she lost her license after facing a
>judge with a lawyer without ever even turning the car on or leaving her
>property.)

Sounds like a good case for an actual jury trial. No way I would have voted
against her on that one. Again, a ridiculous coastal-state miscarriage of
justice - the law is everything, the citizen is nothing - and true justice is
nothing. Not on the coasts.

Dave Head