Old September 30th 04, 06:42 AM
Matt B.

"amty" > wrote in message
> When will VW dealers in California start selling VW 2005 Jetta GL and GLS?
> Is that model has much changes and any price increases?

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...icle_906.shtml

A friend of mine went shopping for a Passat last weekend and I tagged along.
If the salesman is to be believed, the way VW works it is that VW holds cars
at the port and will release them to dealers only if their inventory is low.
So if a dealer still has a lot of '04 Jettas lying around, VW won't release
'05 Jettas to that dealer.

Anyway, that's what we were told...true or not I don't know. If it is true,
you'll see '05s whenever the dealer in question manages to get most of the
'04s out of his inventory.

> When will VW dealers sell the MKV Jetta model?

Spring '05 (see URL above)

> How are the MKV models named differently with 2005 Jetta GL & GLS?

Dunno that one. VW has at least a year to juggle trim levels around before
the A5 cars hit the showrooms so it's wouldn't surprise me if it's still
undecided.