Old September 15th 04, 01:32 PM
Wurm

"Dennis" > wrote in message
om...
> "teem" > wrote in message

> > Looked at my rear speakers &(of course) found out they were of the paper
> > coned type,so,think I will replace them w/more ballsie type,probably the
> > doors too.

> I'm interested in doing the same thing--I have a '97 SC2, but in order
> to do the speakers in the doors, the whole inside trim has to come
> off--why didn't they put removable grills over the speakers???????
>
> Anyway, according to my Haynes manual, taking off the inside trim
> isn't too bad a job, but I've been fooled before by these manuals.
>
> For anybody's who has done the door speakers, how tough is it take off
> and replace the interior trim?
>
> Thanks for any info.

I've never done it myself, but had a guy at FutureShop install my door
speakers for me while I watched. He did a good job, didnt have too many
problems but mentioned on a few occasions that saturns are a bitch to remove
if you have non-power windows (I have a 98 SL2).

Speakers sound awesome now though, the stock ones were pretty unimpressive
(just like the garbage radio / tape player that came stock).