Old September 11th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default 1990 wrangler 4 wheel drive vacuum line?

Jeremy wrote:

> Jeremy wrote:
> > I have a 1990 Jeep Wrangler who's vacuum lines have been disconnected.
> > I need help sorting them out as to what goes where. I think I have most
> > of them connected properly but my 4 wheel drive light is on, but when
> > you ramp up the rpms it goes out. I just need some help getting the
> > lines in their proper places so the Wrangler idles rather than
> > stalling.
> >
> > Thanks for the help
> > Jeremy

> Sorry I forgot to mention its a 6cyl. 4.2L. Automatic.

Here is a good site for most things to do with the 4.2.

http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/list.htm

Is the emissions computer still in the loop? That can mean lots of the
vacuum line stuff is not needed.

The bad idle can be unrelated to the vacuum lines. That carb is
notorious for getting plugged up idle tubes. Here is a site on the test
for this and the fix:
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/engine/carter.html

If you have oil blowing into the air filter, that can be another reason
for bad idle with an easy fix.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's