Old January 11th 05, 02:29 AM
Jim Adney

On 10 Jan 2005 06:18:06 GMT ojunk (Braukuche) wrote:

>>If you DON'T trust what you were told, then there's nothing any of us
>>can do to help you, because we can't verify anything from here. (My
>>crystal ball is in the shop....)

>I don't trust it, that was the purpose of the initial post. What I was hoping
>to find was someone who had a Brazillian pulley and a German one or a degreed
>pulley with known timing marks who could match the pulleys up side by side and
>tell me what the marks on the Brazillian one really represent. Doesn't require
>a crystal ball really, just two pulleys, but thanks anyway.

The problem is that VW used a number of different pulleys with
different timing marks on them over the years. I'm not sure which of
these were/are second sourced from Brazil, but I'd be willing to bet
that there are several possibilities. The crank keyway is 90 deg from
TDC, so that may be some help, but it will be hard to be accurate from
there.

-
Jim Adney

Madison, WI 53711 USA