Old January 21st 05, 01:52 PM
twaldron

The wax didn't do that, but he put the wax on to try and fix the faded
look he was already getting. If you go the heatgun route, be sure not to
get too close or you will leave behind a melted spot. It's probably
your best bet considering how chaulky they look.

HomeBrewer wrote:
> I have some 4" wide xenon fender flares for my cj7. I have them, but have
> not bought them yet. The person selling them to me said he used wax on the
> front ones and it left them faded looking:
>
> http://www.t3e871.rchomepage.com/ngpics/flare2.jpg
> http://www.t3e871.rchomepage.com/ngpics/flare4.jpg
>
> Any suggestions on how to make these look better? or should I pass. They
> sell for $220 new and he's willing to sell to me for $100. I've tried wiping
> with water - nothing.

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)