Old January 10th 05, 09:07 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article <1105227025.4a52e3b9d55f9ca930a9635a7072b69f@teran ews>,
says...

>Speed limits are tuned for the _average_ driver in the _average_ vehicle.

When? Where? Certainly not on any of the interstates I have driven on.

>Just because you think YOU have the catlike reflexes and the ultimate
>driving machine to handle speeds well above the posted limit, that doesn't
>mean you are issued an exemption. There's only one speed limit posted.

Just because you can't drive as fast as at least 85% of drivers on the
road does not mean others should have to drive at your speed. No one wants
you to go faster. Just keep right and go alont your merry way. If speed
limits were properly set, 85% speed, speeding would practically be none
existent. As someone else pointed out, the current crop of laws is dumbing
down to the worst drives on the road. That is encouraging them to continue
their poor driving instead of trying to get the to improve their skills.
Alex