Old January 6th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Fuel Supply line fitting difficult to remove

jnm007a did pass the time by typing:
> I'm trying to change my fuel pressure regulator for a 1999 jeep grand
> cherokee. I've removed 2 of the fittings; however the fitting on the
> fuel supply line has a plastic retainer. I've tried to remove it by
> looking at the instructions in the quick connect chart on the service
> manual; however I'm unable to get that sucker off. Am I suppose to use
> some special tool?

"depends" There are several flavors out there.

Got a picture you could post to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 ?

Some require squeezy type disconnects. Looks like a power cord choke
coil. AutoZone and some places have them for loan.

Some use a clip spring and you can release them with a bit of heavy
plastic or tin. You just roll the plastic and cut it so it fits around the
metal pipe and slide it up into the quick connect to move a spring out
of the way.

Page3
http://www.ctatools.com/catalogs/fuelsys.pdf

--