Old September 14th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

Default Ghetto Marketing by Ford

I do NOT buy something because the ad campaign is good... I buy something
because I

A): need it

and

B): feel that it is a good product sold at fair price with good after sales
service....

It is those that buy because they feel good about a ****ing commercial that
have no freaking idea.....

"I buy this kind of ice cream because a hot brunette stole one from a guy in
a commercial"... "I buy that kind of aftershave because a dork is surrounded
by babes in the commercial"... "I buy that kind of insurance because a cute
little lizard might babysit my kids"....

Jayzus - get a grip!!!

A buying decision borne of a commercial or ad campaign that someone likes is
a poor buying decision. But, I guess that if you can't tell **** from
shinola, a slick ad is all you have left.

I can picture it now.... I was going to buy a Ford F150 because you never
know when you might want to hang it in mid-air by the box bolts - but now I
see that some punk rocker kinda guy might want to hang HIS F150 in mid-air
by the box bolts, I don't think I want one.... If you want an F150 and
believe it is the truck that will serve you well, you will buy one - even if
PeeWee Herman bought one the same colour....

News flash..... ugly brunettes steal ice cream cones, too (worse yet, NO
brunette might steal your cone).... good looking guys that use that
aftershave are lonely... and we're not sure that the cute little lizard
isn't a pedophile.....