Old November 9th 04, 03:30 AM
Wound Up

indago wrote:
> 041108 2142 - Wound Up posted:
>

>>Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>>...unless they're, y'know, gay and living in the YSM (Yoonaad'd States of
>>>Mairca).

>>Homosexuality does not serve as an acceptable excuse for being the
>>target of hatred
>>

> Well, then, maybe derision???

That's up to you. I can write derisive hatred very well. I choose not
to, because I don't think it's deserved, warranted, or appropriate.

I will never understand it, but I know it's not a question of some "vile
lifestyle choice". Believe me, the gay friends I've had all said "it
would have been much easier to grow up, and know you were straight".
Want to throw an insult at me? Well, I grew up (ironic term) in a more
heterogeneous culture than a lot of people. I knew people from many
different walks of life, and had friends from many of them.

Derision of gays is like derision of blacks. I don't believe in either
one. Anyone who believes otherwise, why, they're just plain IGNURNT, in
my estimation. Be derisive if you will; it's not up to me... I don't
really care. Getting in the way of that is not something I have time for.