Old August 15th 04, 01:23 PM
Taone Williams

Default 2004 2.7 TS questions

Greetings All,

I just bought a new 2004 2.7ts and have just completed the 1K mile break-in
period. I have never owned a Quattro or a vehicle with a turbo before.

I was wondering if I could solicit some opinions from other owners on the
following:

1.) Tires - The car came with the 17" Pirelli P 6 four seasons... The
tires don't really seem "ride" very well, do they require more than the 1K
break-in , or is this the stiffer S suspension and quatro ? The steering
wheel vibrates very slightly from side to side on rough or grooved roads....
Is this normal, the tire, or the car??
- By the way my wife's BMW doesn't exhibit this behavior on the same
road...

2.) Idle - When I first start the vehicle, the idle seems a bit high and
the engine has a deep growl (It almost sounds like an exhaust leak) after
about two minutes it subsides. The car occasionally exhibits a bit of a
rough idle (tachometer jumps every so slightly and exhaust putter is
noticeable - even after warm-up.) Again this is intermitent..

- Is this "normal" or a function of having the turbo??

3.) Zenon headlights - While stopped on a dark road, the head lights appear
to "bounce up and down" off of the rear of the vehicle in front of me? I
have zenon's on my wife's BMW and they never bounce at stop lights.. Is this
normal for the car??

4.) When I stop or accelerate rapidly the driver's seat seems "loose" ,
i.e., it feels like it shifts a tiny bit forward or backward.

Any thoughts would be appreciated... BY the way the dealer claims all of
these are "normal" for the car....

Thanks!