Anyone use Lucas oil stablilizer on a chrysler engine or transmission

Old May 24th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Anyone use Lucas oil stablilizer on a chrysler engine or transmission

Just wanna know if this stuff works and smooths out the ride of the engine
and transmission.My transmission isnt shifting smoothy.

Old May 24th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Year, make, model? 3 speed, 4 speed? Better info would get you a better
answer, but in general, don't use anything but what is recommended. No
additives for Chrysler transmissions ... if you do you risk permanent
damage. Drop the pan and replace the fluid and filter if this has not been
done in 30K or more miles.

Bob

lkaboutautos.com...

Old May 24th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Bob Shuman wrote:
> Year, make, model? 3 speed, 4 speed? Better info would get you a better
> answer, but in general, don't use anything but what is recommended. No
> additives for Chrysler transmissions ... if you do you risk permanent
> damage. Drop the pan and replace the fluid and filter if this has not been
> done in 30K or more miles.
>
> Bob
>
> "mike113" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
> > Just wanna know if this stuff works and smooths out the ride of the engine
> > and transmission.My transmission isnt shifting smoothy.

I would guess that this info applies to engines too. I was in my local
NAPA store where they have a demonstration fixture for this additive.
On the one with the additive, the oil adheres to the gears much better
than the one that does not have it. In most cases, additives are not
recommended by Chrysler or other manufacturers.

The demonstration is pretty convincing just the same.

-KM

Old May 25th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I've used the oil and trans. additives for about 5 years now with no
problems.

My car has almost 200K miles on it 3.3L V6 and the oil additive actually
stopped oil consumption to where I didn't have to add any during oil change
intervals and the tranny additive reduced a pump seal leak in my A604
trans....

I worked in a Major Auto parts store chain and many people bought Lucas and
Many people swore by it.....My personal experience with it.....first
additive I thought really did what it said it would do...

The trans additive is just as thick as the oil additive so i'm sure that
helped out on the leak...never noticed any real shift improvements to speak
of though.

One of the guys came in for the trans treatment one time to try in an old
chevy truck that was sitting in a field for years...said it would start up
but the trans wouldn't engage, even with fluids topped off...customer added
the lucas and it did the trick...customer was still driving that old truck
around when I left the store.

Do some more research on Lucas if you're that concerned but I don't really
recall anything negative that I've seen about it.

oups.com...

Old May 25th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Just as long as they are not related to the "Lucas" electrical
supplier from the UK! You know, the idiots who brought us "Positive
Ground"!

Old Lucas jokes...

"Lucas... prince of darkness!"

"Lucas... inventor of the intermittent wiper!"

"Lucas has invented a new vacuum cleaner. It is the only product they
make which doesn't suck!"

On Wed, 24 May 2006 14:01:12 -0400, "mike113"

Old May 25th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:52:32 -0700, NewMan
> wrote:

>Just as long as they are not related to the "Lucas" electrical
>supplier from the UK! You know, the idiots who brought us "Positive
>Ground"!

And the only company that could make a fuel system for a supersonic
airliner...

Old May 25th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

flobert wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:52:32 -0700, NewMan
> > wrote:
>

>>Just as long as they are not related to the "Lucas" electrical
>>supplier from the UK! You know, the idiots who brought us "Positive
>>Ground"!

> And the only company that could make a fuel system for a supersonic
> airliner...

You mean the Russians used a Lucas fuel system on the Tu-144?

Matt
Old May 26th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

what's wrong with positive ground?

I've been told that it actually has some benefits, like preventing body
corrosion.

nate

Old May 26th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Lucas Steering Fluid Addidive works very well > I had leaky seals n my 90
Laser about 4 years ago. The steering is working fine and I only used one
bottle, it does make the steering, initially, a bit stiff in winter but
beats the hell out of buying a new rack or messing around with the seals.
oups.com...