air bag injuries due to propellant chemicals

Old November 5th 04, 05:06 PM
linda

High_Density wrote:
> ***YAWN***
>
> The old airbag thread again.....
>
> Next let us discuss the merits of Daytime Running Lights.

don't know a dang thing about daytime running lights, except my son
installed some on my car without my knowledge and my approval... can i
remove them or is it against the law???

> After that lets start a thread on Abortion

Abortion, i think it is the woman choice.. if man were to get pregnant
it would not be a factor..... it would be a RIGHT...

> Then lets do the death penalty............

yes, lets do death penalty.. i got rear ended because some do-gooders
against death penalty were protesting and they guy behind me was
distracted by them and did not see me stop in front of him.. and my
airbags did NOT deploy and he hit me very hard... did i sue him? no, but
i am thinking of suing the protesters... :-)

Old November 5th 04, 05:07 PM
linda

Bob Shuman wrote:
> You forgot Religion and Guns... These should each provide at least 500
> additional responses.

dont go religion on me,, i have my own religion as stated before..

guns, don't like them.. got shot at with a .357 magnum by a soon to be
ex husband and almost died.. dont' get me going on that one...

lw

Old November 5th 04, 05:07 PM
linda

Old November 5th 04, 05:23 PM
linda

Dan, i am new at doing MY OWN research instead of some government
protocol or some pre-ordained scientist who has an idea that everything
needs to be checked for toxicity.. i think the troll you smell is
something else...

Old November 5th 04, 05:23 PM
linda

Old November 5th 04, 06:09 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, linda wrote:

> > I do wonder, though, how your alleged best friends feel about your
> > vote for a government that considers them less than equal.

> i asked them, and honestly, they have their wills in order, insurance
> beneficiaries are made out to each other, and thanks to our company,
> medical bene's.

Great 'n' groovy. Those wills are meaningless when blood relatives
challenge them.

> they don't want to get married.. what does a piece of paper mean anyway?

The fact they can't get it means they're not treated equally.

> i believe that God (regardless of what the bible says), MY GOD sees my
> best friends as human beings he created, i cannot see them waking up one
> day and deciding to become homosexual and be treated badly, denied human
> rights, etc... i believe God created everyone the way they are.

I agree with you; Bush does not.

> promise me, you won't start a thread on animals, i love my animals, cats
> (jaz, otis, bella, and dolly) and my dogs (Kali and Georgianna).....

....No, sorry, I'm afraid I can't comply; you force my hand. Good going,
now this thread involves kitty porn:

http://www.torque.net/~u225/LJ/QittyQat.jpg

> darn, just my luck, all the good men are homosexual

God apparently told Bill to tell you you're Wrong with an uppercase W.
Old November 5th 04, 06:09 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old November 5th 04, 06:16 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Dan Gates wrote:

> I still think that properly implemented air-bag system, just like
> properly implemented DRLs, save lives.

Properly implemented airbags don't save lives; they prevent and reduce the
severity of injuries. Airbags calibrated to save lives actually save very
few of them, and at great cost of increased injury and death risk to far
greater numbers of people.

> No question that a lap/shoulder belt that is actually buckled and
> adjusted does the first part of the job.

Incorrect. Lap/shoulder belts that are actually buckled and properly
adjusted do virtually the entire job.

> My favourite "safety" devices were the "passive" belt systems that GM
> and Ford used. The belts attached to the door for GM that got in the
> way every time you tried to get into or out of the car, but still had
> the standard buckle system so that you could override it if you didn't
> want to wear them. And the Ford motorized shoulder belt that still
> required you to reach down and buckle the lap belt or decapitate
> yourself!

Those systems are dead last (literally) at the bottom of the
lifesaving/injury-preventing ranked list of all front occupant restraint
systems used in the last three decades. NHTSA deliberately traded
effectiveness for presence. That is: They mandated less-effective safety
equipment so that even those too foolish to use manual seatbelts would
have some nominal protection -- AT THE GREAT EXPENSE of significantly
reduced protection for those smart enough to use manual belts.

Old November 5th 04, 06:16 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old November 5th 04, 06:17 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

> Where. You said I was in a location with ECE etc air bags etc.

Yeah...that was several posts AFTER the initial post in which I
specifically nominated US-spec airbags vs. rest-of-world types.

> The rest of it was vitriolic.

Stop being stupid and I'll stop directing vitriol at you.

'Til then, I fart in your general direction.