Driver Seat , Transmission Roughness

Old November 8th 04, 03:10 AM

Default Driver Seat , Transmission Roughness

I bought my Honda Accord 2004 2 dr. 3 months ago. Car is still in
brake in period, about 3000 miles. Whenever I make turn my seat seams
to move a little to the sides – does anyone have such problem? Other
thing is my transmission is rough right at the morning, after night or
after about 8 hours of not driving. Roughness lasts only for about 5
minutes than gear shifting is normal. I took car to Honda dealer,
they could not find anything wrong with transmission. Friend of mine
has the same car, I took it for a test drive at the morning and I did
not see any roughness. Looks like it could be temperature related
problem, winter is coming and I it can get cold in Chicago. Any
thought on both of the issues?
Thanks a lot.
TD
Old November 8th 04, 04:03 AM
LBJGH

The loose seat is a fairly common problem... check this thread:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ght=loose+seat

> wrote in message
om...
>I bought my Honda Accord 2004 2 dr. 3 months ago. Car is still in
> brake in period, about 3000 miles. Whenever I make turn my seat seams
> to move a little to the sides - does anyone have such problem? Other
> thing is my transmission is rough right at the morning, after night or
> after about 8 hours of not driving. Roughness lasts only for about 5
> minutes than gear shifting is normal. I took car to Honda dealer,
> they could not find anything wrong with transmission. Friend of mine
> has the same car, I took it for a test drive at the morning and I did
> not see any roughness. Looks like it could be temperature related
> problem, winter is coming and I it can get cold in Chicago. Any
> thought on both of the issues?
> Thanks a lot.
> TD

---

Old November 9th 04, 03:45 AM
cc0034030

My 2001 Accord V6 EX has a wobbly drivers seat cushion also. Dealer gave me
the major runaround while under warranty.

om...

Old November 9th 04, 04:30 AM
Keith J

My '99 EX-L V6 (Leather , power seat) also has a wobbly drivers seat under
the correct conditions.

Old November 24th 04, 02:29 AM
John Horner

> wrote in message
om...
>I bought my Honda Accord 2004 2 dr. 3 months ago. Car is still in
> brake in period, about 3000 miles. Whenever I make turn my seat seams
> to move a little to the sides - does anyone have such problem?

My '03 had the same problem (V-6 car assembled in Ohio). After multiple
complaints to the stealership they finally replaced the track under warranty
and that cured mine.

> Other
> thing is my transmission is rough right at the morning, after night or
> after about 8 hours of not driving. Roughness lasts only for about 5
> minutes than gear shifting is normal.

My '03 does not have that problem. Keep careful documentation. Honda has
had all sort of problems with their transmission in recent years and you
will want documentation of an early problem if it fails after Honda's stingy
warranty period is over.

JH

Old November 24th 04, 02:29 AM
John Horner

om...

Old November 25th 04, 02:00 AM

Thanks for responses, this is my first Honda and I don't know what to
expect jet, what is normal what is not. I have chosen Honda due to
its good re-sell value (and "worry free ownership"), but after
transmission recall and air bag new recall in accords I am not so sure
about my decision. Well, I like the car but I don't promise I will
buy next Honda :-)

Old November 25th 04, 04:22 AM
André

I'm happy to hear that you find a way to make your seat replaced. I have
the same problem with my Accord 2003 and the dealer told me it was normal!!!
It seems I'll have to complaint to the dealer a few time.

duRod.4950$Nh1.3311@trnddc09...