B5 Recall ?

Old September 22nd 04, 05:04 PM
ronny

Default B5 Recall ?

Anyone else with a A4-A6-A8 recieve a recall letter this morning, for boots
on front bearing arms?

I will post a scan if anyone wants to see it

Ronny

Old September 22nd 04, 05:22 PM
Richard Wall

Dear Ronny
Had mine a couple of weeks ago, been in to Audi who agreed that they had
already replaced mine and said they would make a claim on Audi UK. I might
be eligible for a refund on the parts ! The part will have been noticed if
you have a regular service so it should not be a safety issue just premature
aging.
Regards
Richard
A6 Avant 1998
.. .

Old September 22nd 04, 05:38 PM
ronny

"Richard Wall" > wrote in message
> Dear Ronny
> Had mine a couple of weeks ago, been in to Audi who agreed that they had
> already replaced mine and said they would make a claim on Audi UK. I
> might be eligible for a refund on the parts ! The part will have been
> noticed if you have a regular service so it should not be a safety issue
> just premature aging.
> Regards
> Richard
> A6 Avant 1998
> "ronny" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Anyone else with a A4-A6-A8 recieve a recall letter this morning, for
>> boots on front bearing arms?
>>
>> I will post a scan if anyone wants to see it
>>
>> Ronny

I pick up my new car tommorow, but im wondering if I should pop in the
dealer, did they charge you to fix the problem?

Ronny

Old September 22nd 04, 06:55 PM
ronny

"Mark1.8T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Is this just for the UK?
>

> "ronny" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Anyone else with a A4-A6-A8 recieve a recall letter this morning, for
>> boots on front bearing arms?
>>
>> I will post a scan if anyone wants to see it
>>
>> Ronny

Dont know tbh, I think it is

Ronny

Old September 22nd 04, 07:25 PM
Richard Wall

Re call is free check. Free claim from Audi UK, it cost me full price plus
labour to have them replaced last year though.

Regards Richard
. ..

Old September 22nd 04, 07:50 PM
Juho

Hi,

Here in Finland is the same campaign going on.
The Audi dealer just checked and replased the bearing arms from both sides
of my A4 1.8T 2000.

-Juho

. ..

Old September 22nd 04, 07:52 PM
ronny

"Richard Wall" > wrote in message
> Re call is free check. Free claim from Audi UK, it cost me full price
> plus labour to have them replaced last year though.
>
> Regards Richard

Even though I got 160k miles on the clock??, anyway the car is going
tommorow so I think ill pass the recall notice on the garage where I part ex
the car into

Its been a good 4 yrs with the B5, will be a sad day, and a happy one lol
because I pick up a B6 1.8T quattro

Ronny

Old September 22nd 04, 07:59 PM
Richard Goulding

"ronny" > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone else with a A4-A6-A8 recieve a recall letter this morning, for

boots
> on front bearing arms?
>
> I will post a scan if anyone wants to see it
>
> Ronny

Is this it ?

April 2004: Worldwide recall of 870,000 1996-1999 Passat, 1994-1999 A4,
1997-1999 A6 and 1994-1999 A8s for "free check for possible damage of the
rubber bellows of the front axle. The problem could lead to premature wear
and, in isolated cases, to the failure of the bearing arm."

Richard

Old September 22nd 04, 08:51 PM
Mark1.8T

Just checked the forums. The recall hasn't been made official in North
America yet.

Old September 22nd 04, 10:25 PM
Richard Goulding

"Mark1.8T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Just checked the forums. The recall hasn't been made official in North
> America yet.
>

> "Richard Goulding" > wrote in message
> >
> > "ronny" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> >> Anyone else with a A4-A6-A8 recieve a recall letter this morning, for

> > boots
> >> on front bearing arms?
> >>
> >> I will post a scan if anyone wants to see it
> >>
> >> Ronny
> >>

> > Is this it ?
> >
> > April 2004: Worldwide recall of 870,000 1996-1999 Passat, 1994-1999 A4,
> > 1997-1999 A6 and 1994-1999 A8s for "free check for possible damage of

the
> > rubber bellows of the front axle. The problem could lead to premature

wear
> > and, in isolated cases, to the failure of the bearing arm."
> >
> > Richard

This information is from a uk based website. Sorry.

Richard

New 147 recall cupra Alfa Romeo 2 January 6th 05 01:58 PM
Vehicle Safety Recall Notification Doug Alfa Romeo 5 December 14th 04 12:02 AM
97-99 A6 Was this recall serious ? Stuart Audi 6 August 4th 04 08:54 AM
VW Passat Recall - Front suspension arm gbnews Audi 0 July 13th 04 09:33 PM
Product Recall 1995 Audi A4 B5 Kevin Truss Audi 1 June 15th 04 01:13 AM