Rear Tires on These Ions

Old October 13th 05, 02:27 AM
teem

Default Rear Tires on These Ions

GEE-ZUS!,I am not having a happy time with these s.o.b.s!.The 2 new
ones up front are superb!,the 2 on the back seem to fight against the
front 2,rides really crappy!,want to get 2 new ones,but Christmas is
on it's merry way.
Old October 13th 05, 02:55 AM
marx404

teem, teem, teem, y'all should just trade that car in, I don't think it
likes you, lol :-) jk

marx404

Old October 14th 05, 01:41 AM
teem

Yeah,And Lord knows how WELL i've kept up oil changes,etc.On Wed, 12

Old October 14th 05, 03:00 AM
Blah Blah

In article >, sturg57
@sbcglobal.net says...
> GEE-ZUS!,I am not having a happy time with these s.o.b.s!.The 2 new
> ones up front are superb!,the 2 on the back seem to fight against the
> front 2,rides really crappy!,want to get 2 new ones,but Christmas is
> on it's merry way.

What are the tires in the rear? Do they match eachother? Is the tread
identical with no abnormal wear? Are they both inflated equally? Is one
mounted on the rim backwards? Are you running any directional tires?
You're not giving us anything to go on here...
Old October 15th 05, 03:23 AM
teem

I bought 2 new tires last month,the original 2 were shot! @36K that
really sucks!,the ride has improved 2-3 fold,the 2 on back,-the other
originals,were wearing abnormally,less tread on the inside,maybe
underinflated.going in tire store tomorrow to check the ride,the 2 on
back gives lousy ride,should get 2 new ones,but,christmas is coming.On
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 02:00:03 GMT, Blah Blah > wrote:

>In article >, sturg57
says...

Old October 15th 05, 12:54 PM
Blah Blah

In article >, sturg57
@sbcglobal.net says...
> I bought 2 new tires last month,the original 2 were shot! @36K that
> really sucks!,the ride has improved 2-3 fold,the 2 on back,-the other
> originals,were wearing abnormally,less tread on the inside,maybe
> underinflated.

(dont you mean over inflated???)

> going in tire store tomorrow to check the ride,the 2 on
> back gives lousy ride,should get 2 new ones,but,christmas is coming.On
> Fri, 14 Oct 2005 02:00:03 GMT, Blah Blah > wrote:

Were your tires kept rotated because it doesnt sound like it?

I cant tell what you are calling the inside and outside, as in inside
tread of both tires or inside tread of one tire...

Look at one tire at a time and consider the following...

-A Front tire will wear on the outside edges because thats how steering
geometry works.

-A Rear tire will wear even.

(This is why they are rotated so you dont get front tires with bald
edges and good center tread. Avoiding rotations will kill the lifespan
of tires.)

-Under inflation: Will cause the "outer edges" of A tire to wear much
like properly inflated front tires. (and give you poor gas mileage)

-Over inflation: Will cause the "center" of A tire to wear out.

Now if only ONE edge of A tire is worn you have alignment issues. You
cant have a proper alignment done on tires with abnormal wear or
improper inflation.

Old October 15th 05, 05:23 PM
teem

I was told there are''flat spots'' on the 2 rear tires.No,I did not
keep up on the rotation.Yes, I figure inflation was down mostly.I was
told theres alot of tread still on the rear 2,No safety issues,just an
annoying thumpy ride.On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:54:30 GMT, Blah Blah
> wrote:

>In article >, sturg57
says...