Can't Maxim step up to the plate?

Old August 19th 04, 02:58 AM
Russ Harrison

Default Can't Maxim step up to the plate?

PRESS RELEASE

August 16, 2004

Russell Harrison Communications

14-4575 Avenue Saint-Kevin

Montreal, Quebec

H3T 1J1

Russell Harrison, through his personal company Russell Harrison
Communications, is challenging the men's lifestyle publication industry to
take him on his challenge and give him a middle age makeover. The following
e-mail is what is being sent to men's publications starting today:

Does your men's lifestyle publication have what it takes to accept my
challenge?
By way of introduction:

My name is Russell Harrison. I am issuing a challenge to the men's lifestyle
publication industry to put its money where its mouth is.

I am a 38-year-old man living in Montreal, Quebec. As an English as a Second
Language training professional for close to eight years, I have decided to
make a necessary career change and put my language expertise to good work as
a journalist.

I an at a crossroads in both my career and life paths. I have to make a
middle age makeover quickly to pursue my dreams.

I am a real life poster boy for the kind of advice and lifestyle you're your
publications have to offer. So I am putting you to the test: is your company
willing to invest resources in a compelling reality-based transformation of
a thirtysomething male at a key stage in his life?

How much copy do you suppose your writers and I could come with documenting
this realization of the North American Dream? How many T-shirts and DVDs
could your company market in using a web publishing vehicle that brings
these changes to an ever-growing segment of men looking for ideas on how to
make life changes for the better?

I am more than your future instrument. I am your subject, correspondent, and
spokesperson if your company has the vision to develop my story.

This is a public challenge posted at http://middleagemakeover.blogspot.com.
As this is a public challenge, I will be reporting on any responses I get or
do not get from specifically targeted companies. Written responses are
subject to verbatim reproduction here in the web log. A final agreement from
this process will also be announced to the press and this web log in due
course.

Follow this story as it develops. Can one or more men's lifestyle
publications actually put their money where there mouth is and accept
Russell's challenge?

All media inquiries are welcome.

Russell Harrison

Russell Harrison Communications