(OT) 4 stroke gas engine weed trimmers.

Old March 19th 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default (OT) 4 stroke gas engine weed trimmers.

Are they any good, better than 2 stroke.I don't do any weed trimming,
but I think I like little bitty 4 stroke engines.I don't like to fiddle
with finiky 2 stroke engines.I am thinking about buying one of those 4
strokers just for the heck of it.
cuhulin

Old March 19th 11, 03:07 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> Are they any good, better than 2 stroke.I don't do any weed trimming,
> but I think I like little bitty 4 stroke engines.I don't like to fiddle
> with finiky 2 stroke engines.I am thinking about buying one of those 4
> strokers just for the heck of it.
> cuhulin

I have never seen anyone around here use a 4 stroke weed trimmer
except on those heavy string trimmers on wheels. For a portable,
the two strokes are lighter for the same horsepower, I guess.

I have an Echo two stroke. It starts easily, has plenty of power, doesnt
seem to smoke very much. Better than a cane knife.

Old March 19th 11, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Those plastic weed trimmer lines and plastic weed trimmer blades.They
wear down and cover your yard with PLASTIC.
Weeds and vines and stuff, I put on my leather gloves (some of those
thingys have briars/thorns on them) and I get one of my old hack saws
and I hack away.I am not a computer hacker though.
cuhulin

Old March 19th 11, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

''Hacksaw'' Dugan could tell you.
cuhulin

Old March 21st 11, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Some areas around my house/yard area, those West Nile Mosquitos.There
are thousands/maybe millions of them.Is there some sort of
powder/whatever that you might know of that I can buy somewhere to drive
them away?
cuhulin

Old March 21st 11, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> Some areas around my house/yard area, those West Nile Mosquitos.There
> are thousands/maybe millions of them.Is there some sort of
> powder/whatever that you might know of that I can buy somewhere to drive
> them away?
> cuhulin

You can avoid a lot of them by draining ditches, old tires, whatever will
hold stagnant water. These guys, IIRC ,lay eggs in those places and then
whenever it rains, they hatch out and attack.

You can also dribble diesel or oil based insecticide on the surface of
larger watery sources.

I used to have a small fogger that you could buy at most hardware stores.
It was powered by a small propane bottle and would fog hard insecticide
over a wide area. There was also a system so that you could inject the
same insecticide into your mower exhaust system to get a fog.

Be sure you drench yourself with Off or some other good insect repellant
before you go out.

You cant guarantee that you wont get bitten by a diseased mosquito,
but you can sure improve your odds.

In Houston we had not only West Nile, but also the mosquitos that
carry St. Louis encephalitis. Both can be deadly.

Old March 21st 11, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I will ask at a local yard and garden center store if they have
something.I think we also have the St.Louis encephalitis mosquitos too.
cuhulin

2 stroke oil in a 4 stroke motor ?? Gaetan Mailloux General 9 June 25th 06 12:37 AM
2 stroke oil in a 4 stroke motor ?? Gaetan Mailloux Technology 14 June 25th 06 12:37 AM
6 stroke engine? patrick mitchel Technology 4 March 10th 06 01:38 AM
2 stroke gas in a 2.5 TJ? Rich M Jeep 13 September 24th 05 04:18 AM
2/4 stroke engine patrick mitchel Technology 0 March 16th 05 04:02 AM