Compression results on 2001 2.7L V6 (Intrepid)

Old June 5th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Compression results on 2001 2.7L V6 (Intrepid)

Anyone have any compression test numbers on a 2.7 L V6 they can compare
with these ones. I did the test this afternoon after discovering my
long lost compression tester (missing for 20 years).

Engine has 237,000 Km ( 147K miles ). Engine was at full operating temp.

From the front :
Left Side Right Side

187 185
175 183
185 175

Manual says 100 psi minimum; no more than 25% variation.
These numbers certainly meet all that. I'm curious whether my numbers
are typical, lower than normal or higher than normal.

Thanks...Phil
Old June 5th 06, 11:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Phil, Is your vehicle having a problem or do you just have to much time on
your hands?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old June 5th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

damnnickname wrote:
> Phil, Is your vehicle having a problem or do you just have to much time on
> your hands?
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Killing time while waiting for the cooling system to cool off in between
drains and re-fills.
Old June 5th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

--

"Phil T" > wrote in message
> damnnickname wrote:
> > Phil, Is your vehicle having a problem or do you just have to much time

on
> > your hands?
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech
> >

> Killing time while waiting for the cooling system to cool off in between
> drains and re-fills.

Well that would be a good reading, No I cant give you something to compare

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old June 5th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

maxpower wrote:
>Well that would be a good reading, No I cant give you something to
>compare to
>
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler Tech

Thanks anyway Glenn. Just a gut feel, but they 'looked good' to me too
based on experience from many years ago. I wouldn't expect many average
users to know or ever need to know what the compression in their engines is.

Phil
Old June 5th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

--

"Phil T" > wrote in message
> maxpower wrote:
> >Well that would be a good reading, No I cant give you something to
> >compare to
> >
> >Glenn Beasley
> >Chrysler Tech

> Thanks anyway Glenn. Just a gut feel, but they 'looked good' to me too
> based on experience from many years ago. I wouldn't expect many average
> users to know or ever need to know what the compression in their engines

is.

> Phil

That's why I was wondering if you had a problem...I still think you have to
much time on your hand. Just keep the oil changed and you wont need to worry

Old June 6th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

maxpower wrote:
> Just keep the oil changed and you wont need to worry.

You're trying to bait me into making more Jiffy Lube remarks aren't you!

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old June 6th 06, 11:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

The bait was in place Bill!! LOL

Glenn