3.3L V6 Engine Issues

Old April 17th 06, 07:17 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default 3.3L V6 Engine Issues

The engine in my '92 Grand Caravan LE AWD will not start.
Yesteday i changed the thermostat and its now having this problem.
Before changing the thermostat it ran perfectly.

This is what ive worked out:
- ECU does not report any engine failure codes (only 12 & 55), but the
engine also has not ran since the ECU was last reset (so explains the
lack of error codes?).
- The injector relay does turn on, but injectors are not firing on
cranking
- There is no spark on cranking
- Fuel pump appears to be working

So i guess this points to a cam (does it have a cam sensor?) or crank
sensor issue?
I gather the ECU is ok as i do get the 12 and 55 fault codes, and the
fuel pump does turn on.

Can anyone tell me exactly where to find the cam and crank sensors?
I know the crank sensor is meant to be located somewhere around the top
of the bellhousing where it meets the block, but for the life of me, i
cant find it (maybe hidden by the exst manifold??).

Thanks!

Old April 17th 06, 09:19 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"Mark Williams" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> The engine in my '92 Grand Caravan LE AWD will not start.
> Yesteday i changed the thermostat and its now having this problem.
> Before changing the thermostat it ran perfectly.
>
> This is what ive worked out:
> - ECU does not report any engine failure codes (only 12 & 55), but the
> engine also has not ran since the ECU was last reset (so explains the
> lack of error codes?).
> - The injector relay does turn on, but injectors are not firing on
> cranking
> - There is no spark on cranking
> - Fuel pump appears to be working
>
> So i guess this points to a cam (does it have a cam sensor?) or crank
> sensor issue?
> I gather the ECU is ok as i do get the 12 and 55 fault codes, and the
> fuel pump does turn on.
>
> Can anyone tell me exactly where to find the cam and crank sensors?
> I know the crank sensor is meant to be located somewhere around the top
> of the bellhousing where it meets the block, but for the life of me, i
> cant find it (maybe hidden by the exst manifold??).
>
> Thanks!

The cam sensor connector is attached to the Alternator mount bracket next to
the side motor mount, it is near the thermostat you just replaced, see if
you knocked the connector loose

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech