GM slaughters 100,000 Chinese a year.

Old April 24th 06, 02:42 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.australian,rec.autos.driving

Default GM slaughters 100,000 Chinese a year.

With nearly 1.6 billion Chinese, 100,000 seems like a small number. So,
what's the big fuss?

I just can't see how GM "slaugthers" any Chinese for the decision to
buy, drive, and kill themselves is exclusively that of the Chinese.
Beside, with the way the Chinese drive in my home town here in
Australia, I wouldn't be too surprise if the rate could be higher.
Chinese and driving don't seem to go together!

Your subject heading reflects your serious lack of logic and reasoning.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> BEIJING - The World Health Organization is calling on China to improve road
> safety, saying an estimated 680 people are killed each day on the country's
> highways. WHO officials say the problem is growing worse as the number of
> vehicles in China skyrockets.
>
> The World Health Organization presented its World Report on Road Traffic
> Injury Prevention to Chinese officials in Beijing Monday saying China has
> the most deadly roads. Some 1.2 million people die every year on roads
> around the globe, about 20 percent of them in China. The economic impact has
> been enormous. In the case of China, he says the annual cost of traffic
> deaths is equivalent to 1.5 percent of the country's gross domestic product
> or up to $20 billion.
>
> With China's economic boom fueling an automobile revolution that is putting
> 14,000 new cars on the roads each day, road fatalities are increasing at an
> alarming rate.
> GM SUV's are the favorite purchase, for the Chinese. Ross Perot commented
> about that "great sucking sound". As it turns out that great sucking sound,
> is the sound of all of those Chinese Yukons sucking the last drop of oil out
> of the planet, before they explode into a big fireball, one by one.

What's wrong with the Chinese? Wrangler Driving 1 September 8th 05 05:46 PM
CHINESE CAN'T DRIVE! M. S. Kim Driving 13 August 30th 05 12:46 AM
Chinese cars to hit U.S. shores (from the guy that brought us theYugo) Brian Stell Technology 28 August 9th 05 12:05 AM
What year was it made? Boffer 4x4 0 December 18th 04 09:19 PM
Car of the Year Dan Larsen Chrysler 40 November 30th 04 06:50 PM