Questions from a novice

Old May 15th 04, 10:46 PM
Ash

Default Questions from a novice

Hello,

I'm considering buying a 1996/7 GTV. Can someone please tell me what models
are available and equipment levels each have.....or point me to a good web
site.

any help would be appreciated

TIA
ash

Old May 15th 04, 11:14 PM
Tony Rickard

"Ash" wrote:

> I'm considering buying a 1996/7 GTV. Can someone please tell me what

models
> are available and equipment levels each have.....or point me to a good web
> site.
>
> any help would be appreciated

In the UK choice of

2.0 TS
2.0 TS Lusso (leather & aircon)

2.0 TwinSpark gives 150 bhp, 3.0 220 bhp.

Electric mirrors & windows standard in all models, plus electric sunroof
optional. CD stacker is an option. Lusso have 16" wheels as standard, option
on the standard model.

No trip computers nor cruise control but then I don't think they are
particularly relevant for this car.

96/7 models have all black interior, the aluminium interior came in 98 along
with the 3.0 V6 and different alloys.

Hope this helps
Tony

Old May 16th 04, 08:32 AM
Ash

It certainly does help. Thanks very much!

Are the 96/97 Lusso's good cars? Would you recommend them ?

news

Old May 16th 04, 12:22 PM
Pete

On Sun, 16 May 2004 08:32:25 +0100, "Ash" >, wrote:

>Are the 96/97 Lusso's good cars? Would you recommend them ?

If you would care to loan me one for a year I will gladly write
you a detailed review <LOL>

Google is your friend. Search using settings for this ng, and GTV as the
subject and you can then read the issues that owners have had :-)

Pete
======remove the rust to reply======

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old May 16th 04, 03:51 PM
Tony Rickard

"Ash" wrote:

> It certainly does help. Thanks very much!
>
> Are the 96/97 Lusso's good cars? Would you recommend them ?

My wife has a '96 GTV (non Lusso).

It is low mileage (42k) just had a cambelt change and four new tyres so she
will be keeping it for a while!

It is an excellent car, although the 2.0TS now feels a bit underpowered
compared to my V6 156. It sounds very good, although the TS provides power
in a very linear fashion right up to 7000 (there is no sudden surge as the
revs rise.) The TS engine is a bit gutless low down, but keep the revs up
and it zips along.

I do fancy a 3.0 !!

The handling is very good, the rear has a degree of steering when cornering
hard thanks to the complex suspension layout which provides it with a sporty
feel for an fwd.

It has a retro feel in side which I really like - not loaded with toys.

Common problems include rear suspension bushes and the standard TS stuff
(variators, cambelts and lack of oil.) Cambelts need to be changed every
48000 or 4 years, so a 96 really should have had a cambelt change even if
low mileage, plus a higher mileage one could be due a second change if done
more than 4 years or 48000 miles ago.

I think they look great!

Lots of Alfa links he

http://alfaromeo.start4all.com/