'03 Ion Tires

Old April 28th 05, 02:07 AM
teem

Default '03 Ion Tires

I was abad boy,I haven't rotated ten in a long time,is it my
resposibility,or saturns to remind me?,I go there for every frickin
oil change.I swear,if you don't ask about something concerning the
car,they won'yt say anything either.Do I have a choice on different
tire models?,I'd rather get some narrower ones & dump these wide
****ers.
Old April 28th 05, 05:24 AM
Art

A lot of people believe rotating tires is a complete waste of money.

Old April 28th 05, 11:50 AM
marx404

it's your money, the tire wear speaks for itself.

and yes, for the most part it is your responsibiliy to remember some things
on your own car, but then again there are some very good Saturn shops that
will be courteous enough to keep full schedules and remind you of
everything.

Change to a skinnier tire (I assume you have an ION.3?) and your handling
and ride will degrade.

Old April 28th 05, 05:18 PM
Ron Herfurth

"marx404" > wrote in message
> it's your money, the tire wear speaks for itself.

This is going to sound real dumb but what does rotating tires accomplish
besides evening out the wear between the tires? If you never rotate them
you'll replace the fronts more often but the rears should last forever so
over the life of the car would you spend any more on tires if you didn't
rotate?

ron

Old April 29th 05, 04:20 AM
Art

Also if you rotate them you might miss an alignment problem that you would
have spotted if you kept the tires in one place.

Old April 29th 05, 07:04 PM
Darius

Tire rotation is essential on a rear drive car, for front drives it is pretty
much a cash grab.

Old April 30th 05, 04:03 AM
teem

I'm getting a free rotation next week,the back tiires are in great
shape,the front,well,they'd be better off in on the back.On Fri, 29