No heat

Old January 26th 05, 07:37 PM
Iamfreezing

Default No heat

I put in Prestone Stop Leak to fix a leaking rad. Well it also fixed my
heater core. My heater core is clogged with this crap , and I have no
heat. Any suggestions on how to clean this stuff out?

Thanks

Old January 26th 05, 08:27 PM
Joseph Meehan

Iamfreezing wrote:
> I put in Prestone Stop Leak to fix a leaking rad. Well it also fixed
> my heater core. My heater core is clogged with this crap , and I have
> no heat. Any suggestions on how to clean this stuff out?
>
> Thanks

Sorry I don't have any suggestions other than to plan on replacing the
radiator when you do the heater core, as that stuff is sure to stay in the
heater a lot longer than it is going to plug the leaks in the radiator.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old January 26th 05, 10:47 PM
Biz

"Iamfreezing" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I put in Prestone Stop Leak to fix a leaking rad. Well it also fixed my
> heater core. My heater core is clogged with this crap , and I have no
> heat. Any suggestions on how to clean this stuff out?
>
> Thanks

Hope you learned your lesson about using stop leak...I dont beleive you can
clean it out...

Old January 26th 05, 10:55 PM
Woodchuck

Move to Florida. Other than that back flush the core. Otherwise, replace the
core.

Old January 27th 05, 02:49 AM
Ronman

If you have to use a stop leak in the future try an egg-white.
No yolk, no joke.