Another 'leak' - AC drain clogged?

Old June 14th 04, 05:49 PM
Jeff Pesula

Default Another 'leak' - AC drain clogged?

I forgot to also ask about the AC drain. I have the classic wet passenger
floor. This may be related to the sunroof problem, but I want to make sure
that the AC (Always in use) is not going to create problems. Any help on
how to get to the drain line ('96 SL2 DOHC) would be helpful.

Old June 28th 04, 06:03 PM
dwalter68

I had this problem with my wife's 95 SL2 a few years ago. The mechanics
told me it would cost something like $200 to fix, so I decided to have a
go myself.

It was leaking right where the tube goes into the firewall, right in the
center of the car. It is difficult to see and reach. I was able to fix it
by applying some black rtv silicone sealant to the area (after letting
everything dry out). I had to rig up a syringe with a tube on the end just
to be able to get it in there. I did it from the passenger side while
lying in a very uncomfortable position.

Old June 28th 04, 06:07 PM
dwalter68

I had this problem on my wife's 95 sl2 a few years ago. the mechanics told
me it would cost something like $200 to fix, so I gave it a try myself.

It was leaking where the tube goes into the firewall in the middle of the
car. It is in a very difficult position to see and reach. I fixed it by
applying some black rtv sealant to the area. I had to use a syringe with a
tube hooked to the end of it. I did it from the passenger side while lying
in a very uncomfortable position.

Jeep Cherokee Coolant Leak Ankors Chrysler 1 January 23rd 05 07:01 PM
4.0 Head Gasket Oil Leak DougW Jeep 8 December 23rd 04 02:42 AM
In-the-tank fuel pumps cause death and destruction Silver Surfer Chrysler 293 November 7th 04 04:41 PM